Not long ago you had to visit a jeweller to find out your ring size, where they would try out a range of brass blank rings to see which fit best. Or they could use one of your current rings if you had one on a jewellery mandrel, which is a long metal rod with size markings down the length, and where the ring came to rest would identify the size.
Luckily there are now lots more options to find out your ring size in the comfort of your own home! You can download paper sizers to print off, however these can be a bit fiddly and inaccurate due to the flimsy nature of paper. We think the best and easiest way to find out your ring size for any finger on either hand is with our plastic ring sizers! They are really simple to use and can be used time and time again (just make sure you put it somewhere safe so you don't lose it!).
How To Use A Ring Sizer:
To accurately get your ring size for your chosen finger simply follow these steps:
- Make sure you use the correct finger on the correct hand. The fingers on our dominant hand are often larger than on the non-dominant hand
- Put the end of the ring sizer through the buckle. Slowly pull it through until you have a large sized ring that you can easily put onto the finger
- Put the ring sizer over the chosen finger and gently pull it tighter until you have the correct size
- The measured ring size to use is the one on the inside of the buckle of the ring sizer
- The correct size should allow the ring sizer to move over the knuckle without too much effort
- If the gauge on the ring sizer shows a point between two sizes, use the larger one. It is better that a ring is a fraction too big, than too small
The entire process takes no more than 30 seconds! All sizes F-Z are included.
Things To Be Aware Of
- The best time to measure your finger is at the end of the day in a comfortable temperature - not too hot and not too cold. Our fingers are often thinner in the morning or when our hands are cold which can make the measurement less accurate. You could always measure 3/4 times over a day to make sure.
- Make sure the ring sizer can slip over your knuckle on the finger you are measuring quite easily - if you have to force it then it is too small, and vice versa if it just falls off without any help at all it is too big.
- It's important to identify the right size first time. However, if your ring does need resizing a size or two we can usually help. Just get in contact with us.
While it's not difficult to measure your ring size properly - it's definitely important :)
Our ring sizers are just £2 and you can either pop one in with your order when purchasing another piece of jewellery or order one by itself so you can find out your size before purchasing one of our sustainable handcrafted rings!
Order your ring sizer HERE